Year 4 English skills () « back to years
The skills below are 100% aligned with Australian and New Zealand school curriculum and up to
with common core english. Skills are organized into groups
and are ordered in a way we think would be useful. To master a skill, you will have to gain 10
(In case of a classroom initiated time-bound practise session, the time you can practise and the
skill level is determined by your teacher).
There are 3 levels to each skill,
- Easy: A star will be taken away if you get 3 consecutive wrong answers.
- Medium: A star will be taken away if you get 2 consecutive wrong answers.
- Hard: A star will be taken away on each wrong answer.
Most skills have multiple type of questions with varying difficulties. If you keep getting wrong
answers, system may give you the simplest of question to answer. Idea is to
you master these skills with a ground up approach.
If you get an answer wrong, you can read the solution and helpful tips that briefly explain the skill/topic you are practising.
All the best with your Year 4 english. If you see any issue, please do report it by clicking the red button at bottom left of this page.
Important: Year 4 skills are currently in beta. If you see any issues, please report them so they get fixed to give you better experience.
Working with sentence structure
Punctuation, capitalisation and formatting
- What function does the modal verb has?
- Complete the sentence with the correct modal verb
- Subject verb agreement - with compound subjects
- Using the progressive verb tenses
- Forming the progressive verb tenses
- Which fits in: the past tense or the past participle
- Using the perfect verb tenses
- Forming the perfect verb tenses
Adjectives and adverbs
Greek and Latin roots